For detailed information about The Davies Diaries Electronic Edition, see the following reports from General Editor James Neufeld:
“Davies Diaries Electronic Edition,” Digital Scholarship Ontario (Jan. 30, 2016) — Part 1: https://digitalscholarshipontario.org/2015/12/18/davies-diaries-electronic-edition/ and Part 2: https://digitalscholarshipontario.org/2016/01/30/davies-diary-electronic-edition-part-two/
The electronic edition will make available to the general public, online, a fully edited version of the extensive diaries which the Canadian novelist, playwright and journalist Robertson Davies kept throughout his life. Selections from the complete diaries have recently been published as A Celtic Temperament: Robertson Davies as Diarist, edited by Ramsay Derry and Jennifer Surridge (McClelland & Stewart 2015).
Trent University faculty associated with the project include:
- James Neufeld, General Editor
- Joel Baetz, Associate Editor
In addition, Associate Editor Matthew Griffis (School of Library and Information Science, University of Southern Mississippi) is an alumnus of Trent University.
The following graduate students completed/are completing internships with the Davies Project as part of the requirements for the MA in English Literature (Public Texts):
- Melissa Hudson (Spring-Summer 2015)
- Jessica Bosnell (Spring-Summer 2016)
The following graduate and undergraduate students worked/are working as research assistants with the Davies Project:
- Janette Platana (2012-14; transcription, proofing)
- Autumn Corvus (2012; transcription, proofing)
- Christine Babikan (2013; transcription, proofing)
- Melissa Hudson (2015–16; transcription, proofing, annotation, encoding)
- Amanda Hobbs (2016– ; encoding, proofing, annotation)
- Jessica Bosnell (2016– ; encoding, proofing)
Sponsored by the Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory (CWRC), The Davies Diaries Electronic Edition has received funding from:
- Editing Modernism in Canada (EMiC)
- Trent University
- The Symons Trust Fund for Canadian Studies (Trent University)
- The McLean Foundation
- The William and Nona Heaslip Foundation.