The Collected Works of A.M. Klein was produced under the auspices of the A.M. Klein Research and Publication Committee. The University of Toronto Press published eight volumes, including (in chronological order):
- Beyond Sambation: Selected Essays and Editorials 1928-1955 (1982), edited by Usher Caplan and M.W. Steinberg; introduction by M.W. Steinberg
- Short Stories (1983), edited with introduction by M.W. Steinberg
- Literary Essays and Reviews (1987), edited by Usher Caplan and M.W. Steinberg; introduction by M.W. Steinberg
- Complete Poems (1990) [2 volumes], edited with introduction by Zailig Pollock
- Notebooks: Selections from the A.M. Klein Papers (1994), edited by Zailig Pollock and Usher Caplan; introduction by Zailig Pollock
- Selected Poems (1997), edited by Seymour Mayne, Zailig Pollock and Usher Caplan; introduction by Zailig Pollock
- The Second Scroll (2000), edited by Elizabeth Popham and Zailig Pollock; introduction by Elizabeth Popham
- Letters (2011), edited with introduction by Elizabeth Popham
Trent University professor Zailig Pollock (author of A.M. Klein: Story of a Poet ) served as the General Editor of the Klein Committee from 1990 to 2011 and edited or co-edited four of the eight volumes. Trent professor Elizabeth Popham edited or co-edited two volumes.
Numerous undergraduate students served as research assistants for volumes published between 1990 and 2011, including Jennifer Bistolas, Catherine Cragg and Luke Tromly (Letters).
This series was one of the first truly scholarly “complete works” projects on a Canadian writer and its completion was a landmark in Canadian literary scholarship.
- Colman Klein and Sandor Klein
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC)
- The Canadian Jewish Congress Archives
- The Jewish Public Library of Montreal
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)